Cast Controller brings every video on the web from your Android phone or tablet into your living room. Browse the page where your video is located at and play it instantly on your Chromecast or Amazon FireTV.
Watching videos from the Web has never been easier before:
* Connect your phone or tablet to the same WiFi-Network your FireTV or Cast-Device is connected to
* Choose the device you want to play on from the Toolbar in the top right corner
* Visit the page where your video is located at. You can simply type in an URL or a search term into the input field
* Tap the video to start it in the browser and get it recognized. If a video was found, the Action Button turns orange
* Tap the Action Button in the bottom right corner to start playing the video on your TV!
* Control the playback on your TV directly from the app
Still unsure? Check this tutorial by Gadgethacks: http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/android-browser-lets-you-cast-almost-any-video-chromecast-fire-tv-more-0172475/
* Watch almost every video on the web on your TV via Amazon FireTV or a Google Cast-enabled device, without the need of any additional companion- or receiver-app
* Unlike similar apps, Cast Controller gets the video directly from your browser after the site has been loaded completely and therefore handles a huge variety of video players and -sites
* Works seamlessly with sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitch, Vimeo and Clipfish, as well as almost every video your phone's browser would play, too
* Control video playback directly from your phone
* Chromium Browser with Favorites management and built-in Search Engine and Autocomplete
* NEW: Use your favourite browser instead! Cast Controller now opens links from any other app having a Share-function
* Safety first! The built-in, lightweight AdBlocker and Tracking Protection prevent ads from annoying you and malicious sites redirecting you (PRO version only)
* Play your last-seen videos directly, without having to re-visit the page (PRO version only)
* Completely Ad-Free (PRO version only)
Please consider testing the free version first before upgrading to PRO to make sure Cast Controller suits all your needs!
Supported Videos and Sites:
Cast Controller supports Facebook, Vimeo, Instagram, Twitch, Vid.me, Clipfish, and basically every site using standard HTML5 video players or an actual version of JW Player.
Some sites actively refuse third parties to access their videos, e.g. YouTube or Dailymotion. Similarly, videos from sites using highly customized players – such as Hulu, Netflix or Amazon Video – cannot be played either. In most of those cases, you can make use of the respective official apps.
Flash videos are not supported either, as neither Cast nor FireTV are able to play them.
Simply put, Cast Controller handles every video that would play on your phone's browser, as well – with a few minor exceptions.
The Desktop mode is limited to sites that are actually using seperate Desktop/Mobile versions. So-called "responsive" sites (such as this one right here) adapt solely on the basis of your device's screen size and can therefore not be changed.
Your favorite video site can't be played? Tell us which one, and we'll see what we can do!
Having any other problems with Cast Controller? Please consider writing us before submitting bad reviews.
You can also feel free to join the discussion on XDA-Developers : http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-cast-controller-watch-webvideos-t3420275